I've asked some rad friends for their best five songs of the year - and, where possible, I've linked their picks to the related Youtube videos so you and your ears can perv over them.
I wish I could give you download links, but that's piracy and that's illegal. So if you want to keep the tracks you musn't go to listentoyoutube.com because that site turns Youtube urls into downloadable mp3s and that's bad.
Feel free to add your five or recommendations in the comments section- I'd love to check out some more music.
5. Leechi - Puppet Master (Original Mix)
4. Phizicist - Fucking Kyle
3. Major Lazer feat. Flux Pavillion - Jah No Partial (Original Mix)
2. Birdy Nam Nam - Goin' In (Skrillex Goin' Hard Mix)
1. A-Trak and Dillon Francis - Money Makin' (Oliver Twizt TrapRemix)
4. Rudimentary Feat. John Newman - Feel the Love
3. Swedish House Mafia Feat. John Martin - Don't You Worry Child
2. Bruno Mars - Locked Out of Heaven
5. Devil Sold His Soul - The Disappointment
4. As I Lay Dying - Overcome
3. Periphery - Ragnarok
2. While She Sleeps - Dead Behind the Eyes
1. Gotye - Somebody I Used to Know
5. Markus Schulz - Tempted
4. Lange - Crossroads
3. Andrew Rayel & Jano - How Do I Know
2. Gareth Emery - Concrete Angel
1. Rex Mundi - Steaming Waterfalls
5. Jessica - the sound technician with a voice that should be on the stage and not behind it.
5. Truth and Its Burden - My Distance